Specialized Pelvic Floor, Pregnancy, Post-partum, General Orthopaedics, and Cancer Rehabilitation Programs
We emphasize the highest quality of care by using only licensed physical therapists to provide your treatment in a comforting, one-on-one setting. All of our physical therapists also hold additional advanced training certifications, including lymphaedema certification, pilates certification, massage therapy and stretch therapy.
Since the advent of Covid-19 we have had to adopt new ways of working with our clients remotely.
As things return to pre-Covid ways we want everyone to have the opportunity to pursue whatever treatment options they are most comfortable with. These include in-office and remote options for various treatments and classes, in either one-on-one or group settings.
In Office Sessions Available
We are still offering in-office one-on-one therapy sessions.
We have always adhered to only the safest health measures in our practice, and we will continue to do so long after the Covid crisis has passed.
Contact us here if you would like to schedule an appointment at one of our offices.
Self Care at Home
If you are not ready for an in-office visit, you can still feel connected.
We have always emphasized a home program for our patients, and with great success. Femina PT founder Heather Jeffcoat even wrote a book that emphasizes self care.
While it is true that hands-on therapy has been proven to benefit those with chronic pain, pelvic pain, incontinence, and more, it is also true that every successful treatment begins with an accurate diagnosis. Our trained therapists will listen to your story, observe your movements, and make the appropriate recommendations for your particular situation.
In short, a one-on-one telehealth session is a simple, effective, and private option. Click here for more info.
LIVE Zoom Classes
Allowing our patients and the greater community a chance to stay connect in real time with others
We are now doing weekly LIVE Zoom yoga, pilates, Franklin Ball and foam rolling classes! We will also offer other live educational events hosted by our therapists and guest speakers.
Physical Therapy Services Offered:
- Specialized Pelvic Floor Therapy, Pregnancy, Post-partum, General Orthopaedics, and Cancer Rehabilitation programs
- Evaluation & Treatment: Individualized treatment plans, 55-85 minutes with a physical therapist
- The IRAS Method for painful intercourse and interstitial cystitis
- Treatment of a variety of Men's and Women's Health Dysfunctions
- Manual Therapy
- Exercise Prescription
- Fascial Stretch Therapy™
- Ultrasound, Electrical Stimulation
- Biofeedback for Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- PeriCoach Specialist for Stress Incontinence and mild prolapse
- InTone Specialist for Stress, Urge and Mixed Incontinence
- Cancer rehabilitation, including treatment for Lymphaedema
- A private, comfortable treatment environment
- No unlicensed personnel used. Ever.
- Personal training services also offered
For information on our male pelvic health services please click here.
For information on our pediatric pelvic health services please click here.
- Written by Heather Jeffcoat, DPT
- 5874 Views
Femina Physical Therapy is excited to offer personalized PeriCoach training to enhance our patients' home exercise programs.
PeriCoach is now available at our office without a prescription and is recommended for mild to moderate stress urinary incontinence, light bladder leakage and mild prolapse symptoms (cystocele, rectocele, urethrocele).
- Written by Heather Jeffcoat, DPT
- 7264 Views
Attain is a home biofeedback and electrical stimulation device used to conservatively treat stress, urge and mixed urinary incontinence. Bladder leakage, even just a few drops is NOT normal. Bladder leakage can get WORSE if not treated. The Attain is appropriate for treatment of stress, urge and mixed urinary incontinence and bowel incontinence.
** This information is for educational purposes only **